Monday, February 22, 2010

Speech Class

I don't like to get in front of people and talk.  I really don't like it.  Despite my disdain for public speaking, I have actually been doing quite well in my Effective Communication class.  Last week for our speeches we were given the choice of an Introduction, Presentation of an award, or a Eulogy.  We were told we could be as creative as we wanted to be.  I chose to a Eulogy.  I chose to eulogize the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man.   I actually wrote my speech out before class and practiced it.  When I got to class I heard what some of the other people did and I came to the conclusion that my speech was not creative or funny enough.  Although I had one written and practiced,  I made the risky move of improvising.   I completely made it up when I got to the podium.  Amazingly, the class and the teacher responded very well!  We got our grades back tonight and I got a 100! Instructor said it was, "Very creative, very good, and very funny!"  What?  I'm pretty proud of myself, but I still hate public speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment